Featured in the Phillies Cookbook: Traditions Made Healthy - available for purchase at phillies.com/cookbook!
1 lb. (16 oz.) boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
1 Tbsp olive oil
2½ teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon allspice
½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of sea salt
2 cups cooked brown or yellow rice
1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
Mango Avocado Salsa
2 mangoes, peeled and diced
½ large red onion, diced
1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
1 lime (will only be using the juice)
1 avocado, diced
- Stir the cumin, chili powder, all spice, cayenne pepper, cinnamon and sea salt together in shallow bowl. Rub over chicken breasts (I sliced my chicken breasts into smaller pieces, about 2 oz. size for shorter cooking time).
- Heat olive oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, and cook about 8-12 minutes (if in smaller pieces - may need longer for larger chicken breasts, keep checking middle). Flip every few minutes. The chicken will get a nice brown crust on the outside from all the spices.
- In a separate small bowl, combine diced mangoes, red onion, cilantro, and avocado for the salsa topping. Cut lime in half and squeeze all the juice from each half on top. Stir until well combined, pinch of sea salt optional.
- Stir together the cooked rice and beans.
- Layer plates with rice and bean mixture, chicken, and top with the mango avocado salsa.