One of my very first published recipes, back in July of 2014! Revamped with the same delicious tastes! Enjoy!
Bruschetta Topping Ingredients:
2 large tomatoes, chopped
¼ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
¼ tsp black pepper
¼ tsp garlic powder
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 egg whites
¼ cup milk (or almond milk for dairy-free)
½ cup almond flour/meal for gluten-free (or whole wheat panko crumbs)
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp black pepper
½ tsp dried oregano
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In small bowl, mix together egg whites and milk. In a separate bowl, mix together the dry ingredients (almond flour/meal, garlic powder, pepper, oregano). Dip flattened chicken breasts into egg/milk mixture and then coat with dry ingredient mixture.
2. Place chicken in nonstick skillet (optional 1 Tbsp olive oil or Pam cooking spray) over medium-high heat and cook 2-3 minutes each side until lightly browned.
3. Remove chicken from skillet and place on baking dish (sprayed with non-stick cooking spray). Bake in oven for 20 minutes at 375 degrees F.
4. While chicken is baking, combine all bruschetta topping ingredients in a medium-sized bowl, and refrigerate until chicken is done.
5. Top the chicken off with the bruschetta topping and serve with a side of quinoa, rice, or whole wheat pasta and steamed vegetables.