Makes 16 cookies
1 & 1/4 cup oats
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
3 Tbsp coconut sugar
3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
1/4 cup dark chocolate chips
1/4 cup Unreal candy coated chocolate pieces
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In large bowl, mix together dry ingredients (oats, coconut sugar, salt, baking soda). In another bowl, mix together wet ingredients (peanut butter, egg, vanilla extract, melted coconut oil).
3. Combine dry with wet ingredients until well combined. Stir in dark chocolate chips and Unreal candy pieces. I use Unreal brand (found at Target and Whole Foods) over M&Ms because they do not contain artificial colors or flavors.
4. Use your hands to form small balls of dough and flatten them onto cookie sheet sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Feel free to add a few additional candy pieces or chocolate chips on top. Will make approximately 16-18 cookies.
5. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until very lightly golden on edges. Enjoy!!
Nutrition Information: Per Cookie (if making 16-18 cookies) - 152 calories, 10g fat, 13g carbs, 3g fiber, 6g sugar, 5g protein.
Compared to Paula Deen's Food Network Recipe: 206 calories, 10g fat, 25g carbs, 1g fiber, 17g sugar, 4g protein.