If you've ever tried my buffalo chicken tacos, you may recognize this recipe. It's the same recipe, but with some plant-based twists! Swapping the chicken out for cauliflower, and the ranch out for this creamy avocado sauce makes this recipe completely vegan.
Servings: makes 5-6 tacos
2 cups cauliflower florets
1 & ½ Tbsp olive oil
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp paprika
¼ tsp black pepper
½ cup buffalo sauce (I use Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Wings Sauce)
2 stalks celery, finely diced
2 large carrots, finely diced
6 small flour tortillas (can use corn for gluten-free)
Creamy Avocado Sauce*
1 small ripe avocado
½ cup chopped cilantro
Juice from 2 limes
1/3 cup olive oil
1/4 tsp salt & black pepper
To make the creamy avocado sauce, add all ingredients to a food processor/blender. Add water to thin it to your desired consistency. Add additional lime juice, cilantro, or salt based on taste preference.
*If you prefer skipping the sauce and using (non-vegan) ranch instead, try Marzetti’s Simply Dressed Ranch - a healthier alternative to traditional Ranch dressing as it contains no MSG, preservatives, or artificial flavors.
1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Prepare baking sheet by spraying with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, toss together cauliflower florets, olive oil, garlic powder, paprika, black pepper, and ¼ cup buffalo sauce (other ¼ cup will be added after baking).
3. Spread cauliflower out evenly on baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes (I flipped them halfway). For crispier cauliflower (recommended!), after baking for 20 minutes turn the broiler on for about 3 minutes, until they're as crispy as you'd like.
4. Heat the additional ¼ cup buffalo sauce up in a microwave-safe dish for about 20-30 seconds. Toss the crispy cauliflower back in the large bowl and mix in the warmed buffalo sauce.
5. To assemble tacos, fill each tortilla with buffalo cauliflower, diced celery, and diced carrots. Drizzle the creamy avocado sauce (or ranch) and any additional Frank's Buffalo Sauce on top. Enjoy!