Servings: Makes 6 Tacos
1 lb. fresh or frozen cod fillets (can use any white fish)
2 Tbsp oil (olive oil, avocado oil, or melted coconut)
juice of 1 lime
2 tsp chili powder
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
corn or flour tortillas
Pineapple Mango Salsa Ingredients:
1 mango, diced
1 cup pineapple, diced
1/2 a jalapeno, seeded and minced (or keep seeds for additional heat!)
1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
juice of 1/2 a lemon
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Combine marinade ingredients (oil, lime juice, chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, salt) in small bowl and mix together well. If using frozen cod, make sure to let thaw in the refrigerator the night before. Place fresh cod in large Ziploc bag and add in the marinade. Let marinate for at least 20 minutes.
3. Place marinated fillets in a baking dish and bake for ~10-12 minutes (fish should flake with fork). Use a fork to shred into small chunks.
4. To make pineapple mango salsa, dice all ingredients very finely and combine in bowl with lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Keep refrigerated in covered container until ready to top tacos.
5. Prep tacos by filling each corn tortilla with fish, salsa, slices of fresh avocado, and a squeeze of fresh lime. Enjoy!